The Trustee for Cinwell Trust (“Southside Bistro”) respects the privacy of individuals. This policy sets out the way in which Southside Bistro’s (“we” or “us”) collect, hold, disclose, use and protect your personal information.
By visiting any third party food ordering application or platform, or by visiting our websites, creating any accounts, placing an order with our online store or providing us with your personal information, you agree to your personal information being collected, held, used and disclosed as set out in this policy. References to ‘website’ include the following: https://www.ssbistro.com.au, any other site, services (including web-services), or media managed by Southside Bistro.
Revisions to this Policy
If you continue to use our websites, place an order with any of our store or provide further personal Information to us after this policy has been revised you will be deemed to have accepted the revised policy.
What Information we collect
We collect information necessary for us to process your order, process a refund of your order, register you for an account, or provide you with other services and/or the assistance you have requested.
The personal information which we collect from you and hold (“Information”) includes information like your first and last name, day and month of birth, postal address, and mobile number(s), email address, details of your order (i.e. your previous, your delivery address or billing address), IP address and payment method. In respect of your credit card details we only hold some information, as detailed further below. If required, we may request your bank details in order to process a refund of your order.
When you place an order with us online we collect additional Information, personal or otherwise, that you include in your order online about your delivery and order instructions.
How do we use your Information?
We use your Information for a variety of purposes including for processing orders, providing our products and/or services to you and for any other purpose for which it was provided to us, or other related purposes and as permitted or required by law. Such purposes include, but are not limited, to the following:
- providing you with email and/or SMS confirmation of your order;
- providing you with the assistance, products and/or services you have requested;
- to create a new Southside Bistro’s Online Ordering account;
- to do our best to ensure your delivery meets the instructions you provide to us;
- processing a refund of any orders your place with us;
- determining the number of visitors to our websites and conducting reviews of our websites;
- keeping you informed about any changes to our websites as well as good and/or services;
- conducting market research (including focus groups, panels and surveys) so that we can better understand the needs of our customers and tailor our future products and services accordingly;
- conducting analyses of orders and purchasing habits so that we can better tailor the ordering experience, products and services for our customers;
- for advertising and direct marketing, including sending you offers or information on products or services that we consider will be of interest to you or authorising third parties to send their offers or information on products or services where you have indicated interest in or consented to receiving third party offers;
- to assist in the delivery of your order to your door and to verify your credit card or PayPal (available in Australia only) payment;
- to help you remember and re-order from our menu in future; and
- provide you with an email to inform you when your order is on its way or ready for pick-up from one of our stores;
- requesting your feedback on our products and/or services;
- responding to any complaints, enquiries and feedback;
- unsubscribing your details from our databases;
- sales trends analysis, stock management and sales and stock reporting;
- any other purposes identified at the time of collecting your Information;
- to prevent fraud, comply with any legal obligation or as otherwise permitted or required by law; and
We may also put together data from the information we already have about a customer so we can offer and suggest a variety of products, deals or offers and features to our customer, or customize the ordering experience for the customer.
Southside Bistro does not store any credit card details for online or in-store orders.
Internet orders can be paid by debit cards, or pre-paid using PayPal (available in Australia only), or a valid credit card (which may be asked to be presented upon receipt of your order). Your credit card details, namely your name, may be required to confirm your order on the internet order system however the full details are not saved once the order is processed.
If you are a registered member of the online ordering system, you may have the ability to save your preferred payment method. You will be able to update this at any time by logging in to your registered account. We reiterate that your full payment details are not stored in your Southside Bistro’s registered account, but rather with our partner (PCI compliant) payment gateway providers:
Paypal and Stripe.
Refer to heading ‘Third Party disclosure of your Information’ for more information about these payment gateway providers.
Third Party disclosure of your Information
Where appropriate, Southside Bistro will share your Information between us and with other third parties, including:
- to meet the purpose for which it was submitted to us or them;
- our related entities, suppliers and third parties who provide services to us or on our behalf or provide a service to you (for example third parties processing your online payments, third parties providing analyses of customer ordering, third party suppliers providing our SMS service and third parties operating certain features available from our website such as ‘woocommerce’ platform);
- entities which you have expressly allowed us to disclose your Information to;
- if you use PayPal (available in Australia only) to place an order via our website, mobile site, your details will be received by PayPal in order to process the order. For more information on PayPal see: https://www.paypal.com/au/home;
- if you use Stripe to place an order via our website, your details will be received by Stripe in order to process the order. For more information on Stripe see: https://www.stripe.com/;
- we may share Information with agents, affiliates or service providers who act for or on behalf of us in connection with our business, or for further processing in accordance with the purpose(s) for which the Information was originally collected; and
- any other third parties notified to you at the time of collecting your Information or after the collection of your Information.
Clickstream Data and Advertising
Each time you visit our websites our server collects some anonymous information, known as click-stream data, including the type of browser and system you are using; the address of the site you have come from and move to after your visit; the date and time of your visit; and your server’s IP address.
Southside Bistro may collect this information for statistical purposes to find out how the websites are used and navigated, including the number of hits, the frequency and duration of visits, most popular session times. Southside Bistro’s may use this information to evaluate and improve our website.
How to stop receiving communication from us
To stop receiving any email correspondence from us, simply click on the link to unsubscribe.
To remove your details from any of our marketing and communication databases simply email us at email@example.com.
If your information has been shared with a third party by us, based on your consent to do so, you may contact that third party directly and opt out of any direct marketing from them.
If you wish to make a complaint about a breach of this policy or the Australian Privacy Principles of the Privacy Act 1988 (Cth) (as amended), you can lodge a complaint to Southside Bistro’s manager using the contact details below. You will need to provide sufficient details regarding your complaint as well as any supporting evidence and/or information.
Southside Bistro’s manager will investigate your complaint and determine the steps that we will undertake to resolve your complaint. We will contact you if we require any additional information from you and will notify you in writing of the determination. If you are not satisfied with the determination, you can contact us to discuss your concerns or complain to the Australian Privacy Commissioner via www.oaic.gov.au.
If you have any queries regarding this policy please contact Southside Bistro at Shop 49/342 McCullough Street, Brisbane QLD 4109 Australia, +61 7 3172 5848, or firstname.lastname@example.org.